About Me

My photo
Haifa, Israel
Divorced and independent and still looking for Mr. Right in the back of the fridge.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

"I Bought a Scale" - or Chapter 2 in My Journey to Lose Weight

_________________

Swing band hour on the radio. Muted trumpets and a nice breeze  as evening turns to night. Imagine my surroundings in black and white, and it's almost enough to put me in a good mood, certainly a melancholy one (baby). Walk into a pleasant apartment after 12 hours at work and I almost wished I still smoked. I would open a bottle of wine but would have to throw it out before I had any one else to share it with. I briefly consider polishing off the bottle myself but know this atmosphere won't keep for too long

I'm getting hungry and I know there is a frozen pizza in the freezer. Shit. There goes the mood. 

In that flitting moment when I remember the pizza, my own personal Romantic Comedy morphs into a B Horror movie.  

In the former, I live in the upper east side and am bored, seeking a simpler life in Vermont. In the latter, I'm changing into a boll wevil frantically seeking a cotton plantation in the bronx.

Back to reality and I am congratulating myself for buying a scale.
When I take it out of the car kudos will really be in order.

I have to wean myself off sweets and carbonated beverages prior to my gastric sleeve surgery. 

I will. I always rise to the occasion, no matter how far down I start. 

Pretty soon my hugs will have to come from people instead of food.

But for now a pizza yearns for attention.


1 comment:

  1. Get into bed with a good book and just resist the urge to get up. BTW, I can open a bottle of ine and drink a glass a night for 4-5 nights by keeping it in the fridge (yes even red wine goes in the fridge in this weather). The only risk is that alcohol lowers your resistance to food. It's a gamble.

    ReplyDelete