About Me

My photo
Haifa, Israel
Divorced and independent and still looking for Mr. Right in the back of the fridge.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Just a Silly Love Song

_______________


Just when I thought I had until February 14th to avoid holidays meant for lovers, they hit me with the Israeli response to cherubs shooting arrows,  Tu B'Av, the 15th of the Hebrew month of Av. 


Apparently,  in post-Biblical times, this particular full moon heralded  the occasion for women to dress in white and prance in vineyards, so they could be chosen as wives. 


The radio has been playing love songs all day. 


I was OK as they played a sexy Samba. 


I was even OK when they played The Girl rom Ipanema. The muse of that song is 67 year old now. 


Oh, but then they played It's Too Good to be True and I turned off the radio. 


Most of the time I don't think too much about it. I sleep sprawled on the bed and I get to hold the remote. 


The rest of the time, I'd give up all the advantages of being alone in a heartbeat, just to have someone who will make my heart skip a beat. 


Who knows. Maybe by February 14th the cherubs will find their way to Haifa and I'll have plans for dinner and the Samba. 


_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment